10 replies to this topic

#1 LauraDrew

LauraDrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Do you sing to your baby in the womb? When I was pregnant with my first, I used to sing to the baby all the time, every song I knew. When my oldest was a tiny baby, there was one song I had sung to him prenatally that would always make stop crying. To this day that is the song he wants to hear when I tuck him in at night.

#2 Siv

Siv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 612 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

That's wonderful, I listened to classic and other calm music a lot while pregnant, but I can't sing, so I didn't want my little one to have to suffer through that.

#3 Blondie

Blondie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Haha, Siv, I know what you mean.  I didn't purposely sing to my little one, but I do tend to randomly sing throughout the day as I putter around the house.  It's not pretty to hear though.

#4 SarahJ

SarahJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

I sing all the time as well but I don't think I should outside of the shower! My little Ian loves to hear me sing You Are My Sunshine. It  is the one song I sing to him all the time and it helps him get to sleep.

#5 Kinzmom

Kinzmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

I sang and read to my baby (before she was born) and still do. My daughter loves to read and sing and I think it is because I was always doing both.

#6 colmandjaxon

colmandjaxon

• New members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

Yes I do, they say it helps them to recognize my voice once they are out.

#7 Leslie

Leslie

Advanced Member

• New members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

I knew a woman who wrote to her baby every day while she was pregnant.  It was her goal to someday share what she had written once the child was an adult.  I thought it was a pretty amazing project.

#8 Nora

Nora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

I am pretty sure that I have been singing since the day I was born, even if it might be a little out of tune. I have sung to all of the babies, even when I would just babysit for other people. My kids, your kids, any kids really. Music is always a good thing to never go without.

#9 Emma

Emma

Advanced Member

• New members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

I sang and danced a lot with my first pregnancy but rarely with the second. My first child is a gifted singer and dancer, and she's a 'celebrity' at school. The second child is tone deaf and has two left feet and I can't help but wish I had sung more.

#10 Whitney

Whitney

• New members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

My singing voice is terrible and I'm just a few weeks pregnant, so I'll spare my unborn baby the agony. What I've been doing instead is play my favorite music all around the house. When I'm out of the house I place one piece of my headphones on my stomach. I want my baby to appreciate gospel rock now so that we never have to fight over what to listen to later.

#11 northwabbey

northwabbey

• New members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:51 AM

YES I DO. It relaxes me. I also play some melodies from a CD. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our community is dedicated to creating the perfect board to discuss just about anything that is family related. If you are planning to start a family or have concerns about any aspect of pregnancy then you will always find like minded members who have gone through that experience already.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and remember to read our guideline and please respect that we are not a place for the promotion of third party websites or services. Our moderating team checks all posts continually.

INFORMATION

Contact Us
Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
About Us

YOUR ACCOUNT

Create an Account

JOIN OUR FORUM!

1,000's of Moms talking about babies!