• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hollibaby

hollibaby

• New members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:34 PM

Hi all! I gave my daughter a two-part first name when she was born. For some reason, people seem to assume that the first part is her first name and the second part is her middle name and they only address her by the first half of her name. Then, when I correct them, they react as if I'm asking them to call her by something other than her name. This irritates me! Did anyone else give their child a two-part name and find this to be an issue?

#2 Kasey

Kasey

• New members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:02 PM

View Posthollibaby, on 25 November 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

Hi all! I gave my daughter a two-part first name when she was born. For some reason, people seem to assume that the first part is her first name and the second part is her middle name and they only address her by the first half of her name. Then, when I correct them, they react as if I'm asking them to call her by something other than her name. This irritates me! Did anyone else give their child a two-part name and find this to be an issue?

I gave my son a single name for his first name but I have a friend going through the same thing. She named her daughter Mary Beth and constantly has to correct people so they don't reference the child just as 'Mary'.

#3 hollibaby

hollibaby

• New members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 02:54 AM

View PostKasey, on 25 November 2015 - 06:02 PM, said:

I gave my son a single name for his first name but I have a friend going through the same thing. She named her daughter Mary Beth and constantly has to correct people so they don't reference the child just as 'Mary'.

I worked with a Mary Beth back in 2010-11 who had the same problem. This has become such an issue for me that I've recently been thinking of writing her name with a hyphen from now on. Maybe if the name appears hyphenated it will 'clear things up' for people who don't understand that when the mom says both names, they need to as well!

#4 Gavriilglync

Gavriilglync

• New members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:38 PM

Много разглядывал данные инет, случайно к своему восторгу заметил полезный веб-сайт. Посмотрите: www.chiriduka.info . Для нас вышеуказанный веб-сайт показался очень неплохим. Хорошего дня!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our community is dedicated to creating the perfect board to discuss just about anything that is family related. If you are planning to start a family or have concerns about any aspect of pregnancy then you will always find like minded members who have gone through that experience already.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and remember to read our guideline and please respect that we are not a place for the promotion of third party websites or services. Our moderating team checks all posts continually.

INFORMATION

Contact Us
Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
About Us

YOUR ACCOUNT

Create an Account

JOIN OUR FORUM!

1,000's of Moms talking about babies!