5 replies to this topic

#1 Isla

Isla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:07 AM

We are having a garage sale tomorrow and I'm finally selling all the baby clothes.  How much do you think I should ask for them?

#2 eliza33

eliza33

• New members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:14 AM

It depends on where you live, are they brand names and the condition of them. I always sold mine cheap. The last day of the yard sale I sold all of the clothes by the bag. $5 for whatever could be stuffed in a bag.

#3 sissy48

sissy48

Advanced Member

• New members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:39 AM

If they are designer brands, you can usually get a really good price for them on Ebay. This is a much better way to go than a garage sale, if you want to make any money. People who shop at garage sales expect you to give things away. I also sell nondesigner clothes on Ebay, but in bundles. These tend to sell very well.

#4 Cassie

Cassie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:26 AM

I have never sold our baby stuff before but I kind of wish I did. I always try to shop second hand when the kids were younger because they just grow too darn quick. I think you can get a good bit of money back as long as everything you have for sale is still in decent condition. We have shopped at a few sales like this before and I am always surprised when people put out things that should not be sold, or donated, but rather tossed in the trash bin.
Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking. - Albert Einstein

#5 Gwen33

Gwen33

Advanced Member

• New members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:22 PM

I have been selling off my kids clothes since they were babies, so it's been about six years now. I usually sell shirts for fifty cents to one dollar and jeans I sell for a dollar. It all really depends on what shape the clothes are in and the brand name of the item in question. I tried doing a consignment sale one year and I did pretty good, but it was a lot of work getting everything ready and they are really picky on what can be sold. You will be surprised what people will actually buy. Good luck on your sale.

#6 Kasey

Kasey

• New members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:04 PM

This is something I need to do! My son is growing so quickly right now that the clothes he wears at the beginning of a school year won't fit him anymore by the end of the year. Consignment shops are asking less than $5 per piece so I'd probably price in the $2-3 range (per item).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our community is dedicated to creating the perfect board to discuss just about anything that is family related. If you are planning to start a family or have concerns about any aspect of pregnancy then you will always find like minded members who have gone through that experience already.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and remember to read our guideline and please respect that we are not a place for the promotion of third party websites or services. Our moderating team checks all posts continually.

INFORMATION

Contact Us
Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
About Us

YOUR ACCOUNT

Create an Account

JOIN OUR FORUM!

1,000's of Moms talking about babies!