• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 eliza33

eliza33

• New members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:22 PM

I had all of my kids get the flu shot this year. Each one of them has been diagnosed with the flu. I heard the flu shot wasn't very effective this time around. Anyone know how that could be?

#2 Isla

Isla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:00 AM

When they make the annual batch of flu shots, they make an educated guess as to which strains will be most prevalent that year and inoculate against those.  Apparently this year they were less accurate in their projections.

#3 eliza33

eliza33

• New members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:04 PM

Obviously! How horrible. I mean, so many people that I know have gotten so sick. Next year I am skipping the flu shot. I am not making the kids get it either.

#4 Isla

Isla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:04 AM

That's a personal decision.  I didn't bother getting the flu shot for years myself.  I get it regularly now (and get it for the kids) because I'd rather have the partial protection than none.  Some years they are much better than others.

#5 Cassie

Cassie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:39 AM

This year I have been okay and we got our shots I think in October. It seems odd though, while I have not had the flu I have had some days where I just felt horrible. Last night was a great example of it, trying to sleep was just a pure nightmare. I woke up a bunch and had night sweats. Either I am starting menopause early or I am sick again. :o
Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking. - Albert Einstein

#6 Gwen33

Gwen33

Advanced Member

• New members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:26 PM

I got my daughter the flu shot just once and she was so sick afterwards that I decided to never do it again. My doctor is really big on giving me the lecture on getting the flu shot for myself since I have asthma, but I've told her that I would rather take my chances. I hardly ever get sick, so I'm not that worried about it.

#7 AlonzosSa

AlonzosSa

• New members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:35 PM

I don't get one.  I've gotten the flu twice after having had the shot, so I don't bother any more.  

If I start feeling flu-ish I begin high doses of C and D3, push fluids.

___

XRumer 12.0.16 + SocPlugin: the best software for Facebook / VK / Forums / Blogs promotion!

#8 ARTnado

ARTnado

• New members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:21 PM

A саrеful аттiтudе то onе's hеаlтh is а sіgn оf a реrson's сivilizaтiоn. Ofтen, hаrdly nотісеаblе impaіrmenтs in арpеаrаnce and wеll-being cаn sіgnal а sеrіous dіagnosіs. Маny pеoрlе have rеpeatеdly nотiced а тumor undеr тhеіr arмрітs. If тhіs еduсаtiоn is nот ассоmpaniеd by раin, wеакness or темрerатure, рeoplе dо nот rush to gеt мediсаl hеlp. Iт is імрorтanт то undersтаnd why the apреаranсе of ахillary cоnes is аssoсiаtеd.
http://armpit.info/w...der-armpit-mean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our community is dedicated to creating the perfect board to discuss just about anything that is family related. If you are planning to start a family or have concerns about any aspect of pregnancy then you will always find like minded members who have gone through that experience already.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and remember to read our guideline and please respect that we are not a place for the promotion of third party websites or services. Our moderating team checks all posts continually.

INFORMATION

Contact Us
Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
About Us

YOUR ACCOUNT

Create an Account

JOIN OUR FORUM!

1,000's of Moms talking about babies!