5 replies to this topic

#1 Chasity

Chasity

Advanced Member

• New members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

I am so angry right now.  I work for a doctor.  Today we had a patient come in.  She is the mother of 5 beautiful children and pregnant with her sixth.  This is the 2nd time she has come to the office pregnant and asking for a referral for an abortion.  The doctor has tried to get her to take birth control or have her tubes tied but she refuses.

#2 Cassie

Cassie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

I do not agree with abortion as a form of birth control and I think part of the reason many have a problem with it in general is because people seem to think it is an easy fix. I do not understand these people and why they avoid to take proper precautions and then expect an easy button. Life is hard, take responsibility for yourself.
Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking. - Albert Einstein

#3 babyabs

babyabs

Advanced Member

• New members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

I used to work for a pediatrician's office. We had a teenage girl tell the doctor that she didn't need birth control because if she got pregnant she could just have an abortion. I really don't think that it is appropriate to use it in place of a birth control method. I'm pro-life, so to me this is exceptionally absurd.

#4 Cassie

Cassie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

I think that is completely horrible that people are willing to just toss aside their own responsibility and do such a thing. I knew a gal years ago that I worked with who felt the same exact way, as it was an "easy button". There are no real resets in life and an abortion is a very big decision but I think as birth control goes there are many other options.

It seems these people that have this mindset need to grow up a bit. There are so many other options out there on the market and there is always just closing your legs. I remember my mother used to tell me that the best way to avoid a pregnancy is to keep a penny between your legs. Has anyone here heard of that before? It is pretty simple, if the penny drops your legs are open.

She also taught me to put my big girl panties on and it seems many of the women, young and older alike are not realizing that this is not only teetering on the lines of ethical choices and personal responsibility but the overuse of such an option no matter how far technology has come, it comes with consequences.

I am not sure why so many people would run the risk time and time again when they could just have their better half put a condom on, take a pill or have some other type of protection. Seriously, we live in a world now where almost no one leaves their car or home unlocked for security. Why would you risk your reproductive area?

These people always amaze me. I really think they just need to be fixed for life and have some type of freewill removed from them, maybe a chastity belt that does not expire until they are in their late seventies would do the trick.
Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking. - Albert Einstein

#5 Micha

Micha

• New members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

5 children is already too much in opinion, who has the energy to tend to 5 kids at the same time? No matter how different their ages are. From what I understood, she aborted her 6th child and came back for another abortion? Or did she come twice and was rejected by the doctor?

#6 Siv

Siv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 612 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

Apparently this form of birth control if you can even call it that is popular in Eastern Europe - does worry me that the health of the ladies concerned is being put needlessly at risk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our community is dedicated to creating the perfect board to discuss just about anything that is family related. If you are planning to start a family or have concerns about any aspect of pregnancy then you will always find like minded members who have gone through that experience already.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and remember to read our guideline and please respect that we are not a place for the promotion of third party websites or services. Our moderating team checks all posts continually.

INFORMATION

Contact Us
Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
About Us

YOUR ACCOUNT

Create an Account

JOIN OUR FORUM!

1,000's of Moms talking about babies!