• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dinari

dinari

• New members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

I just found out my niece, who is 24 weeks pregnant, has high blood pressure.  Does high blood pressure cause complications during pregnancy?  I have always had low blood pressure and actually went even lower a few times during my pregnancies.

#2 Shanda

Shanda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:15 AM

High blood pressure can cause issues sometimes.  They'll monitor your niece to make sure it doesn't go too high or she doesn't exhibit any signs of pre-eclampsia.

#3 pixiepie

pixiepie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

My midwife told me that it is common for blood pressure to creep up at the end of pregnancy. But 24 weeks sounds pretty early for her blood pressure to be getting high. Yes, it can cause problems. Hopefully her doctor will be able to keep her blood pressure under control.

#4 Deetta

Deetta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

It does sound a tad early. I keep an eye on mine when I am pregnant and when I am not, it runs in the family too much to try and ignore it. Has she gotten it checked out yet?

#5 Callmemom

Callmemom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

Mine ran high for my first pregnancy and that ended with an emergency C-section for pre-eclampsia. Mine did not start going up until about 32 weeks though. They may want her to come in a little more frequently for check-ups.

#6 pearl87

pearl87

Advanced Member

• New members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

Hi there. The most common complication that usually appears in a woman with a hypertension is pre-eclampsia. It's a sudden increase of blood pressure along the pregnancy weeks. This complication can be life-threatening so it's better for your niece to have a proper treatment and management so she and her baby will be fine all throughout.

#7 Cody Taylor

Cody Taylor

• New members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:29 AM

Yes high blood pressure is pretty common during pregnancy, but it is better to reduce the same or try to stable the pressure through some yoga or medicine. Else it can lead to premature birth of the baby or some kind of deformity.So one needs to calm down for the benefit of self & the baby.

#8 Nicky

Nicky

• New members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:38 PM

View PostCallmemom, on 11 November 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Mine ran high for my first pregnancy and that ended with an emergency C-section for pre-eclampsia. Mine did not start going up until about 32 weeks though. They may want her to come in a little more frequently for check-ups.

This is exactly what happened to me. My blood pressure was fine until 32 weeks, but then it rose so high I wound up having an emergency C-section at 32 and 3.

#9 HarryPiems

HarryPiems

• New members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Today, 03:58 AM

сialis generic
сialis kaufen
naturliches potenzmittel
orlistat kaufen read more
Potenzmittel ohne Vorauszahlung
Generika Testpakete
pde hemmer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our community is dedicated to creating the perfect board to discuss just about anything that is family related. If you are planning to start a family or have concerns about any aspect of pregnancy then you will always find like minded members who have gone through that experience already.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and remember to read our guideline and please respect that we are not a place for the promotion of third party websites or services. Our moderating team checks all posts continually.

INFORMATION

Contact Us
Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
About Us

YOUR ACCOUNT

Create an Account

JOIN OUR FORUM!

1,000's of Moms talking about babies!