• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 babybuns

babybuns

• New members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

I've been thinking lately how much I would love to do a natural birth. The one problem is my low pain tolerance... I just don't see it happening naturally. Does anyone know which one you will do? Any advice from a veteran child-birth-er?

#2 Betty

Betty

• New members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

I've done both and much prefer the natural.  Although it was unplanned, I felt much better after natural childbirth than after the epidural.  The second one came so fast that there was not time to give me the epidural.  I barely made it to the hospital.  You can always start out natural and if the pain gets too bad, they can do an epidural.  Talk to your doctor.

#3 Cassie

Cassie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

I only have experience with having an epidural but it really depends on the person. For me there was really no way to go the natural route after previous injuries in my back, it would have left me worse off if I had. Check with your doctor to see if natural is a possibility for you.
Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking. - Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our community is dedicated to creating the perfect board to discuss just about anything that is family related. If you are planning to start a family or have concerns about any aspect of pregnancy then you will always find like minded members who have gone through that experience already.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and remember to read our guideline and please respect that we are not a place for the promotion of third party websites or services. Our moderating team checks all posts continually.

INFORMATION

Contact Us
Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
About Us

YOUR ACCOUNT

Create an Account

JOIN OUR FORUM!

1,000's of Moms talking about babies!