7 replies to this topic

#1 SarahJ

SarahJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

I am allergic to a lot of the lotions and the ones that are okay for my skin are so expensive. My skin gets extremely dry, especially in the winter. What is something homeopathic I can put on my skin? My hands are the worst and they get cracked really bad.

#2 Deetta

Deetta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

I am not sure homeopathic is the answer but it might be! if you are like a friend of mine, most over the coutner lotions will just make the skin issues worse off. She ended up going to a doctor to find out exactly what she was allergic too, then from there she was able to create her own lotions once she knew what she could use without an reaction. Do you have any idea what triggers your own skin issues?

#3 amee

amee

Advanced Member

• New members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Are you sure it is not the scent they are using rather than all lotions? Fragrance tends to be something that upsets my eczema but it only happens when I am using an overly strong brand that is known for dumping too much fragrance into the bottle of lotion.

#4 Live4kids

Live4kids

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Have you tried drinking more water? I notice that my skin is less moist when I don't drink enough water. I would also recommend using Vaseline on the really dry parts.

#5 Nora

Nora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

Water sounds like the key. I know when I am not drinking enough water I feel just horrible. People never realize how much water they need a day until they start lacking it like this. Drink up!

#6 Heather

Heather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

Drink more water and buy natural, unscented lotions.  Some people swear by coconut oil but I find that by itself it's not moisturizing enough.

How often do you shower?  You may want to consider showering slightly less often if you can; that helps with dry skin issues.

#7 Kasey

Kasey

• New members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:13 AM

View PostLive4kids, on 18 September 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Have you tried drinking more water? I notice that my skin is less moist when I don't drink enough water. I would also recommend using Vaseline on the really dry parts.

Vaseline is a good idea! I wish I'd thought of that myself. I've been experiencing really dry skin for about a month or two now and I've tried several different brands of lotion so far with little success.

#8 AlonzosSa

AlonzosSa

• New members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:13 AM

My 6 Months old chow girl skin came off, she didnt get into a fight.
Can someone tell me what is the cause?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our community is dedicated to creating the perfect board to discuss just about anything that is family related. If you are planning to start a family or have concerns about any aspect of pregnancy then you will always find like minded members who have gone through that experience already.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and remember to read our guideline and please respect that we are not a place for the promotion of third party websites or services. Our moderating team checks all posts continually.

INFORMATION

Contact Us
Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
About Us

YOUR ACCOUNT

Create an Account

JOIN OUR FORUM!

1,000's of Moms talking about babies!