5 replies to this topic

#1 Deetta

Deetta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Has anyone else noticed a ton of new music groups out now are fine when it comes to the album but when they are in person it sounds like a new band? I have seen a few clips of others that have great songs which I love. "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)" by Fall Out Boy comes to mind, I watched them on some live TV show a few weeks ago and it was just horrible. Then I find ones like these guys and it sounds great, not quite perfect compared to the album but still much better than others. What gives? Are we just promoting bad artists now?

#2 Heather

Heather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

A great deal of magic can be done in the studio to make a band sound better.  In addition they have multiple takes and pick the best one.  If a band is a moneymaker with studio recordings, people will go see them and they'll be promoted, even if they suck live.

#3 LauraDrew

LauraDrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

Agreed, they can clean up a whole lot of mistakes in the studio. It is my understanding from friends who follow the music industry much more then I that some bands just aren't great live, even if they are good in the studio. Performing lives is sort of a different beast then singing or playing in an intimate setting. There is also the fact that even the best bands are bound to have an off concert once in a while, for all sorts of reasons, illness or fatigue or personal circumstances.

#4 OhMama

OhMama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

I agree that even the best bands have an off day once in awhile. I have seen John Mayer 4 or 5 times and 4 times he was good and 1 time he was not so good. It was right before he found that granuloma and had to have surgery. That being said the

#5 OhMama

OhMama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

It is true that even the best artists can have an off concert. I saw John Mayer 5 times and the first 4 times he was awesome. On the 5 time he wasn't quite as good. It turns out that was right before he found the granuloma and had to have surgery.

#6 Emmie

Emmie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

I really do not remember bands from years ago having this problem. Are we only having bands now that get signed and work their magic behind the scene? I hate to say it but those bands really do not deserve a place in the Hall of Fame, or getting awards for their songs. If they can only sing it behind the curtains then to me they are not a true artist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our community is dedicated to creating the perfect board to discuss just about anything that is family related. If you are planning to start a family or have concerns about any aspect of pregnancy then you will always find like minded members who have gone through that experience already.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and remember to read our guideline and please respect that we are not a place for the promotion of third party websites or services. Our moderating team checks all posts continually.

INFORMATION

Contact Us
Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
About Us

YOUR ACCOUNT

Create an Account

JOIN OUR FORUM!

1,000's of Moms talking about babies!