• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Siv

Siv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 612 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

I came across a great story today.  A woman in the Czech republic is having quintuplets without IVF, the chances of which are 50 million to one.  But I guess with all the kids born in the world it must happen to someone each year and for Alexandra Knova it has.

See the full story here:-

http://www.mirror.co...tuplets-1923010

#2 Crystal

Crystal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

Wow!! It seems like I remember reading somewhere that where multiple human births are concerned, the most common by far is twins. Since women have two breasts, technically they could feed two children at the same time. However, multiples of three and up are far more rare, right? I think if I beat 50 million to one odds and naturally conceived quads, I would play the lottery!!

#3 Dolce

Dolce

Advanced Member

• New members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:09 AM

What a lovely story. The mum to be looks stunning and well, and it's cool that she will be the mother of the first ever quintuplets for the nation. I am sure she will be getting a lot of media coverage in the weeks and months to come.

#4 emmadglair

emmadglair

• New members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:57 AM

The birth of one child can be painful. How much more if it was 5?

#5 Isla

Isla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

She definitely beat the odds!  Carrying all of them to term is a big feat as well.  Emmadglair, I don't think any pain associated with childbirth increases with multiples.  It's not like you repeat the entire experience over from the beginning.  Anyway, she is having a c-section, so it should feel the same to her; it just takes a little longer to get all the babies out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our community is dedicated to creating the perfect board to discuss just about anything that is family related. If you are planning to start a family or have concerns about any aspect of pregnancy then you will always find like minded members who have gone through that experience already.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and remember to read our guideline and please respect that we are not a place for the promotion of third party websites or services. Our moderating team checks all posts continually.

INFORMATION

Contact Us
Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
About Us

YOUR ACCOUNT

Create an Account

JOIN OUR FORUM!

1,000's of Moms talking about babies!